Monday, July 26, 2010

The most wonderful weekend ever

This past weekend was probably one of the best of my life. I've said it before, but I have an AMAZING group of friends in California. I spent only a year and a half there, but forged some friendships that will last me a lifetime. I've always felt blessed to have these people in my life, and this past weekend they showed me just how much that friendship meant.

Many of my friends and former coworkers pitched in to get me down to LA for the weekend. It was a quick trip but they absolutely showered me, and my baby girl with love. I was blown away by the number of people that contributed to getting me there and the generosity they showed us.

Although every moment of the weekend was perfect, the highlight was definitely the shower on Saturday to celebrate our baby girl. There is so much I could say about the entire afternoon, but I thought pictures might do it better than any words I could write. Below are just a few of the pictures from the day.


My wonderful friend Kat (top left) hosted the event, and 10 of my dearest friends came out to share the day with me. We played silly shower games, ate AMAZING food, caught up on two years of life and enjoyed just being together. One of the most special parts of the afternoon was our 'craft time'. Everyone was given a onsie to decorate and each of the girls designed a special custom made gift for our baby girl. I couldn't have imagined how beautiful they would turn out! I can't wait to dress her up in them all and tell her all about the amazing woman that made it, especially for her.

Thank you to Kat, Eleah, Shawn, Janelle, Michelle, Kim, Susan, Janet, Liz and Emily for blessing me with such an amazing afternoon. Thank you to Lyric, Melanie, Dama and Tamara who couldn't be there but still sent lots of love. And thank you to everyone else who helped make it possible to be there and sent gifts and well wishes for our little one.

I cannot wait to bring her back to LA to meet all of you, and I feel SO blessed to call you all friends. I love you. xo

4 comments:

  1. So much love for you and the baby... I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to have our baby girls meet one another once you come back for another visit. Looking forward to meeting this new little one and spending time with you again. Thanks for all the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joy!! So good to see you on here. Hope mommyhood is treating you well :)

    Kim - I am so excited to see you and your little girl in just a few months. It was SO good to see you last weekend. Let's talk again soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time! You really are so lucky to have a great group of girlfriends. I love the onsie decorating idea, so cute!! Happy SITS saturday sharefest!

    ReplyDelete