Monday, May 10, 2010

Highlights from Cuba

If you know me, or you read this blog, there is no way you didn't know that I spent last week in Cuba. For my 30th birthday, Ron took me to Varadero for 8 days and it couldn't have been more perfect! We stayed at Breezes Varadero and I couldn't find a bad thing to say about it if I tried. The beach was the most beautiful I have ever seen and the staff were outstanding. When we checked in and the front desk agent realized I was pregnant she immediately upgraded us to a king suite with an ocean view. All week long, they chatted with us about our baby and went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy. Since we didn't leave the resort until 8pm on Saturday they gave us complimentary late check-out to ensure I had a cool place to rest throughout the day. It was wonderful!

During the week we mainly just relaxed by the ocean. The resort always had plenty of tiki huts so it was easy to stay out of the sun, and the ocean was only steps away to cool down. I have never seen water so clear, and the beach extended for miles. We had planned on doing a few excursions, but in the ended only took the day trip into Havana. The city was incredible and we had such a great day exploring it. Around dinner time they took us to a local hotel to shower and change and then we went to see the world famous Tropicana at night. It was outstanding!

I could rave about the trip for ever and have a million pictures I could share, but instead, here are a few of the highlights from our vacation.

The beach

A catamaran out on the ocean
Ron LOVED the beach

The pool

Ron making sure mom and baby were always ok.

Dinner at Martinos, our favourite restaurant at the resort.
A typical street in Havana
There were classic cars everywhere in the city, since new cars can't be imported. However only 18% of the population actually own a car.
Enjoying traditional Cuban music in Havana.
Before heading to Tropicana
The sun setting over Havana
Tropicana - a once in a lifetime experience. The show was incredible and Ron actually felt the baby kick for the first time during the show. I think she liked the music.
Baby girl and I enjoying the sunset and the ocean on our last night in Varadero. I can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

  1. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! It looks like you went on a BEAUTIFUL trip!! :-)

    ReplyDelete