Monday, May 10, 2010

Expecting

It has been 19 weeks and 3 days, and most of the time, it still doesn't feel real. But ready or not, I have a baby on the way. The truth is, it came as a big surprise. I'll never forget the shock when I saw the positive result on the test . I'll never forget the range of emotions that I felt. But more importantly, I will never forget the overwhelming love that filled me when I saw our baby for the first time, at my 9 week ultrasound. I couldn't believe how perfect it was...a beautiful little baby that was only 1 inch long but, already had perfect little arms, legs, fingers and toes. I cried when I saw the heart beating, and through my tears I could swear I even saw our little one wave.

Yes, at 9 weeks this baby was perfect, and had stolen my heart. Since then, even though I wouldn't have thought it was possible, I have only fallen deeper in love. And while I still get scared, and even though we still don't have everything all figured out, I couldn't be more excited to meet this little one on September 4th.


Originally posted April 13th

No comments:

Post a Comment