Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This week baby girl is the size of...


I have now passed 30 weeks. I can't believe it. On my countdown the number of weeks is single digits and its so surreal. It could be less than 10 weeks before I am holding our baby girl in my arms. It amazes me that I've come this far, but it also amazes me there is still so much time to go! I can't really imagine getting much bigger... my darling boyfriend already likes to tell me I'm as big as a house ;) And my first trimester morning sickness seems to have returned with a vengeance!
Enough about me though - baby girl is now about the size of a head of lettuce. She is 18 inches and about 3.2 lbs. Her brain is working overtime and and connections are developing between individual nerve cells and she can now perceive information from all five senses.
She is VERY active now, and in addition to dancing around in my belly, she spends time making faces, hiccuping, swallowing and even sucking her thumb. I already think she's perfect. On Saturday we are going for a 3-D ultrasound and will actually get to see her moving around in there...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment