Thursday, June 10, 2010

Glucose test

Today I had my glucose test. It's a routine test that is done to screen for gestational diabetes, which some women get during pregnancy. I went into the lab this morning and had to drink a really, sugary orange drink. It apparently had 50 grams of glucose and I had to drink it in 5 minutes. I didn't mind it too much - it tasted kind of like an extra sweet glass of McDonalds orange soda. Then I had to sit and wait an hour - that's when the drink became less enjoyable. I really felt light headed and pretty nauseous - i think it was a LOT of sugar to take in first thing in the morning. After an hour they took my blood and I was on my way. For some reason I'm a little nervous about this test. I've been trying to eat really well, but I have such a sweet tooth! I see my midwife on Tuesday so she'll let me know, but I'm hoping for a pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment