Monday, June 7, 2010

This week baby girl is the size of...

As I've mentioned yesterday, this week I somehow crept into the third trimester. It still amazes me that I am two thirds of the way through this journey. Our baby girl is growing rapidly and now weights 2.5lb's and measures about 16 inches (approximately the size of a head of cauliflower). She has started blinking and coughing, and may even have started dreaming. The nerves in her ears have completely formed and she is aware of sound and even the rhythm of music. Her lungs have almost reached the point of maturity and her breathing is becoming more regular and consistent. My midwife tells me she is head down which is a great sign. Hopefully she stays that way until she is ready to enter the word.
Oh and she is moving - a LOT! Sleeping is getting more difficult as I am more aware of her movements and as they become much stronger inside me. Ron can feel her more regularly, and every once and a while I can actually see my belly move when she kicks. I continue to be amazed by this miraculous experience each and every day and am trying not to take a single moment for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment