Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A wonderful weekend in Cape Breton

This past weekend, Ron and I took a chance and drove 4 from Halifax (and my hospital) to visit his family in Cape Breton, and I'm SO glad that we did! I hit 39 weeks on Saturday so more than a few people told me I was crazy, but it was so nice to get away for the weekend and to finally meet everyone. I had never been to the Cape Breton highlands before, and his family owns a resort right on the Cabot trail, called the Lakes Resort. It was a busy but wonderfully relaxing weekend. Most of his family headed to the resort on Saturday afternoon for a little get together to see him and to meet me and we had such a great time getting to know each other. That night we had a fantastic dinner at the restaurant and then went back to his sisters place where we stayed up late talking. On Sunday we got up and drove out to the Cabot Trail, had lunch on the wharf in Cheticamp at Wabos pizza and then hit the beach for the rest of the afternoon. Unfortunately Monday morning we had to hit the road early so we could get back to Halifax in time for Ron to work. It went far to fast, but I am grateful for every moment we had.

Here are just a few pictures from the trip - as well as a special little gift from Ron's aunt Debbie.












No comments:

Post a Comment