Sunday, August 15, 2010

37 weeks pregnant = a full term baby!!


I can't believe it, but yesterday marked 37 weeks, which means I am now full term! Our little girl could safely enter the world at any time. I still have 3 weeks to go before her due date on September 4th, but if she decided she was ready there wouldn't be anything to worry about.

Right now she is about 6.5 pounds, and will keep growing, but at a slower rate. My midwife told me she is measuring right on schedule so they aren't expecting her to be a big baby or a small one, just a perfectly normal sized new born. She has been VERY cooperative and is still nicely positioned head down. There isn't really enough room in there for her to get out of that position now, so once she drops she should be ready to go.

I really can't believe how soon she could be in my arms. I'm excited and nervous and delighted and scared, all at once. I can't wait to meet her - to see this little girl we have created and spent the last 9 months dreaming about and preparing for. But at the same time I have really enjoyed this pregnancy and don't feel rushed to 'get her out'. I'm ok with her hanging out in her current home for a few more weeks (provided she doesn't grow TOO much bigger during that time) so that we have just a bit more time to get things ready for her arrival.

I know she'll come when she's ready - and when that day comes, whenever it might be - I'll be ready too. Waiting with open arms to hold her, cuddle with her, feed her, and kiss her. I may not have met her yet, but she is already one loved little girl.

4 comments:

  1. Awww you look great!! :) Enjoy every last minute of being pregnant! I know what you mean about feeling all sorts of different emotions right now. It doesn't end when your little girls gets here either! So excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! That's so exciting Ruthann! We're getting closer to meeting our girls! You and your hubby are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome! And I'm soooo excited for you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all SO much!! It was a really great day. I feel so blessed to have had such a smooth pregnancy so far. Only 17 days until her due date!

    ReplyDelete